RCIA Schedule for Year 2012-2013 in Adobe Reader (pdf - 90 KB)
Are You Interested in the Catholic Faith?
Do you have a relative, friend or co-worker who has expressed interest in knowing more about the Catholic Church?
Would you yourself like to explore the Catholic community and its beliefs and practices?
Though you are a practicing Catholic, do you sense a desire to enter into your faith more fully?
If any of these questions describes you or someone you know, please consider this an invitation to you or someone you know to join us to explore our Catholic faith. We begin this RCIA process in September. RCIA, short for the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, is truly an opportunity to explore our faith without any obligations attached. Come and see and you will feel at home here.
The RCIA journey begins with the process of “Inquiry”. Focus is on participants questions of the why and how Catholic do things.
St. Mary helps with a new journey in faith to share the richness of the Catholic Church and our parish family. We invite you to learn what the Church teaches, and be introduced to some of our parish members. These sessions also are opportunities for you, and others that you may wish to invite, to ask those perplexing and difficult questions you may have about the Church.
This process is for all persons not baptized, or baptized in another Christian church, but in need of further instruction and initiation, or those baptized in the Catholic Church and needing more instruction to complete the Sacraments of Initiation. Persons never baptized are referred to as Catechumens, while those previously baptized are called candidates.
The Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) is a journey of faith for:
- Those interested in becoming Catholic;
- Catholics who have not received Holy Eucharist and Confirmation;
- Practicing Catholics wanting to know more about their faith;
- Catholics wanting to return to the practice of the faith.
We begin the RCIA process in September and runs through May. Sessions are held on Tuesdays at 7 pm in the Parish Center.
We offer these seven reasons to join RCIA. Why seven; seven is a holy number in the Old Testament.
- You’re marrying a Catholic. Sharing and practicing your faith is a great foundation to marriage.
- You’re already married to a Catholic and your children are being raised Catholic. (It is natural to want to share in the same sacramental experiences of your loved ones.)
- Your children are being raised Catholic and you just want to learn more about the tradition without actually becoming a Catholic. Please join us; you might be surprised what happens.
- You have lived in a “Catholic World” all your life. This program is for all people of all ages. Every year, someone joins us just to enrich their faith.
- You don’t know much about Catholicism, but you have a friend or neighbor who has inspired you to learn more. Actions speak louder than words.
- You have suffered through a personal loss and are seeking to improve your faith life. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”
- You don’t know why, you just feel something calling you to the church. It’s the Holy Spirit … Listen!
All are welcome.
We guarantee lively discussion, some refreshments and a warm welcome. The RCIA is an engaging, dynamic, respectful, challenging and enjoyable journey.
If you need more information, or know of someone interested in beginning the journey, please call Deacon Dennis Robak at (847) 864-0333 x 15 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to call with questions or concerns!
Deacon Dennis Robak
847-864-0333 x 15